Got an hour? Try Hour of Code
Write your first computer program (video 1:30) introduction. Learn the basic concepts of Computer Science with drag and drop programming.
- game-like, interactive self-directed tutorial
- video lectures by Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg
- challenges include Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies
- learn repeat-loops, conditionals, and basic algorithms.
- available in 34 languages.
- ages 6-106
- works on modern browsers, smartphones, tablets
- +18 million participants
Code.org – a non-profit organization that aims to encourage people, particularly school students in the United States, to learn to code. The website includes free coding lessons, and the initiative also targets schools in an attempt to encourage them to include more computer science classes in the curriculum.