Here are five mobile apps related to engineering education, available on Android and iOS. The games were pulled from the top-ranking engineering-themed games listed in app stores as of the beginning of 2017.
• Brain It On!: brainitongame.com/ – interesting and challenging. Just draw a shape with your finger to solve these problems.
• Gears Logic Puzzles: play.google.com/store/apps/detail…ogicpuzzles&hl=en – basic introduction to gears
• Engineer : Cars: itunes.apple.com/us/app/engineer-…id586093106?mt=8 – figure out how to align the pieces of the drawings to “see” the car
• Truss Me!: www.scientificmonkey.com/software.html – the first couple of challenges are easy. They get more difficult very quickly.
Not really a game although playing with components for interactive design investigation purpose of this app. A great resource for anyone working with circuits.
• EveryCircuit: everycircuit.com/ – free trial. Great for designing and checking circuits
… Thanks to The K12 Engineering Education podcast for these suggestions.